Creative Copy Challenge #87Posted: October 25, 2010
Today’s words come to us from James Chartrand of Men With Pens. When she’s not assassinating bad guys in fiction, she should be.
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Travesty – see James Chartrand not writing more fiction
- Eviscerate – To remove the entrails of; disembowel. Ex. It eviscerates me when James Chartrand doesn’t write more fiction.
- Furious – see what I am when James Chartrand doesn’t write more fiction
- Exacerbate – To increase the severity, violence, or bitterness of; aggrevate; ex. When James Chartrand doesn’t write more fiction, it exacerbates my sadness.
- Vivacious – Full of animation and spirit. Ex. I get vivacious when James Chartrand writes more fiction.
- Squalor – the condition or quality of being squalid; disgusting dirt and filth. Ex. How I feel when James Chartrand doesn’t write more fiction.
- Bawdy – Humorously coarse; risqué; Vulgar; lewd. Ex. When James Chartrand doesn’t write more fiction, I start cursing like a bawdy sailor.
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there