Creative Copy Challenge #92Posted: November 11, 2010
It’s great to have Johnny B. Truant choose today’s words (even though they are pretty tough😉 ). Show him some comment love (or curse at him).
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Reticulated – Resembling or forming a net or network: reticulate veins of a leaf.
- Dickensian – Relating to the English novelist Charles Dickens; suggestive of conditions described in Dickens such as poverty-stricken OR jollity and conviviality
- Salacious – Appealing to or stimulating sexual desire
- Carnal – sexual appetites; Worldly or earthly; bodily: carnal remains
- leviathan – Something unusually large of its kind
- Fractal – A geometric pattern that is repeated at ever smaller scales to produce irregular shapes
- Evil Scientist
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there