Creative Copy Challenge #99Posted: December 9, 2010
Please welcome Laura Spencer of WritingThoughts as our word picker today. Show her how you crush writer’s block.
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Fortuitous – Happening by a fortunate accident or chance; lucky
- Swoon – overwhelmed by ecstatic joy; A state of ecstasy or rapture
- Babble – to utter a meaningless confusion of words or sounds
- Imperious – Arrogantly domineering or overbearing
- Flabbergasted – overcome with astonishment
- Pizzazz – Dazzling style; flamboyance; flair.
- Debilitate – To sap the strength or energy of
- Rappel – To descend from a steep height by this method.
- Cull – To remove rejected members or parts from; to gather
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there