Creative Copy Challenge #110Posted: January 17, 2011
Today we have professional writer, Holly Jahangiri, choosing the words for our writing prompt challenge. These are the toughest words we’ve ever had! Rise to her challenge. Speaking of challenges, Holly will be out next week as she’s undergoing a breast cancer procedure. She wanted me to tell everyone not to “pink out and go all smarmy. Because if they do? My next batch of words will be a REAL bitch.” Good luck Holly.
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Eleemosynary – Of, relating to, or dependent on charity; gratuitous.
- Fecund – Capable of producing offspring or vegetation; fruitful; Marked by intellectual productivity
- Taphephobia – pathological fear of being buried alive.
- Panoptic – taking in all parts, aspects, etc., in a single view; all-embracing a panoptic survey.
- Tesla coil – An air-core transformer that is used as a source of high-frequency power, as for x-ray tubes.
- Verve – Energy and enthusiasm in the expression of ideas; Vitality; liveliness
- Canid – Any of various widely distributed carnivorous mammals of the family Canidae, which includes the foxes, wolves, dogs, jackals, and coyotes.
- Semaphore – A visual signaling apparatus with flags, lights, or mechanically moving arms, as one used on a railroad.
- Wisp – A small bunch or bundle, as of straw, hair, or grass.
- Aegis – Protection; Sponsorship; patronage;
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there