Creative Copy Challenge #112Posted: January 24, 2011
Today we have Peter Shallard, the shrink for entrepreneurs, choosing our words today. Show him you’re up to his challenge or he’ll get inside your head and tell you why you didn’t. 😉
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Truffle – edible fungi that grow underground on or near the roots of trees and are valued as a delicacy; chocolate confections
- Sprite – A small or elusive supernatural being; an elf or pixie; the drink.
- Whinny – To neigh, as a horse, especially in a gentle tone; the bear.
- Discombobulate – To throw into a state of confusion.
- Gnomic – resembling or containing proverbs or other short pithy sayings that express basic truths; opaque or difficult to understand
- Ochre – any of various natural earths containing ferric oxide, silica, and alumina: used as yellow or red pigments
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there