Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #122Posted: February 28, 2011
John E. McIntyre, mild-mannered editor for The Baltimore Sun, chose the words for our writing prompt challenge. Show him you will have the last laugh with these most challenging of words.
Writing prompts cure writer’s block. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, do those too.)
- Botulism – A severe, sometimes fatal food poisoning
- Bouillabaisse – (by-bs) A highly seasoned stew made of several kinds of fish and shellfish; A combination of various different, often incongruous elements
- Bougainvillea – (bgn-vl–) South American woody shrubs or vines
- Bouffant – Puffed-out; full
- Boudoir – a woman’s bedroom or private sitting room
- Boulangerie -[boo-lanzh- uh-ree] a bakery that specializes in baking and selling bread.
- Bosun – a petty officer on a merchant ship who controls the work of other seamen
- Bosom – The chest of a human; A woman’s breast or breasts.
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there