Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #138Posted: April 25, 2011
Today’s words come to us from Cori Padgett of Big Girl Branding fame. Show her some comment love again.
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Neurotic – prone to excessive anxiety and emotional upset.
- Prattle – To talk or chatter idly or meaninglessly; babble
- Perfectionate – To perfect.
- Maelstrom – A violent or turbulent situation
- Flagellate – To whip or flog
- Waspishness – spitefulness or surliness. Disparaging in attitude/demeanor
- Catacomb – An underground cemetery consisting of chambers or tunnels with recesses; underground passageway
- Submediant – the sixth degree of a major or minor scale in music
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there