Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #150Posted: June 9, 2011
Note: Today’s words are tough. If you’re doing a series and can’t work them in, skip your series and do a regular submission today.
Larry Brooks of Storyfix choose today’s challenging words. If you wish to write a book, Larry will save you a ton of time, effort and heartache. Show him some comment love and visit his site.
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Verisimilitude – the appearance or semblance of truth or reality; quality of seeming true
- Dominatrix – a woman who is the dominant sexual partner in a sadomasochistic relationship
- Imbue – To inspire or influence thoroughly; pervade; To permeate or saturate; To stain or dye deeply
- Eviscerate – To remove the entrails of; disembowel; To take away a vital or essential part of
- Laparoscopic – Type of surgery, also called minimally invasive; Pertaining to a type of minimally invasive surgery in which a small incision (cut) is made in the abdominal wall through which an instrument called a laparoscope is inserted to permit structures within the abdomen and pelvis to be seen.
- Wizened – lean and wrinkled by shrinkage as from age or illness
- Engorged – Overfull as with blood
- Epiphany – A revelatory manifestation of a divine being; A Christian feast celebrating the manifestation of the divine nature of Jesus to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
- Histrionic – Of or relating to actors or acting; Excessively dramatic or emotional; affected.
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there