Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #155Posted: June 27, 2011
Chris Pearson of DIY Themes chose today’s words. Show him how to rock a challenge.Â (And if you don’t have a website, check out his Thesis Theme.)
Writing prompts cure writer’s block. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If youâ€™ve missed previous writing prompts, do those too.)
- Peripatetic – One who walks from place to place; an itinerant. Or A follower of the philosophy of Aristotle; an Aristotelian
- Expunge – To erase or strike out
- Ensconced – To settle (oneself) securely or comfortably
- Polarity – Intrinsic polar separation, alignment, or orientation, especially of a physical property
- Effete – Depleted of vitality, force, or effectiveness; exhausted; Overrefined; effeminate.
- Exonerate – To free from blame.
- Imperturbable – Unshakably calm and collected.
- Profligate –Given over to dissipation; dissolute; Recklessly wasteful; wildly extravagant.
NOTE: Donâ€™t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there