Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #187Posted: October 24, 2011
Today we haveÂ Justin Germino of the Wanderer Thoughts Poetry blog choosing the words. Show him how you rise to his 3rd challenge.
Writing prompts cure writer’s block. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If youâ€™ve missed previous writing prompts, do those too.)
- Advent – a coming into place, view, or being; arrival: the advent of the holiday season.
- Innocuous – not harmful or injurious; harmless
- Catacombs – an underground cemetery, especially one consisting of tunnels and rooms with recesses dug out for coffins and tombs.
- Placate – to appease or pacify, especially by concessions or conciliatory gestures
- Catatonic – a syndrome characterized by muscular rigidity and mental stupor
NOTE: Donâ€™t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there