Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #213Posted: January 30, 2012
Once again, the always-cool Chris Brogan chose today’s words. Show him what you’ve got.
BET YOU CAN’T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If youâ€™ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.)
- Lethargy – A state of sluggishness, inactivity, and apathy
- Carbuncle – A painful localized bacterial infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue that usually has several openings through which pus is discharged; A deep-red garnet, unfaceted and convex.
- Meritocracy – A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement.
- Husbandry – The act or practice of cultivating crops and breeding and raising livestock; agriculture.
- Ornithopter – a heavier-than-air craft designed to be propelled through the air by flapping wings.
- Enclave – any small, distinct area or group enclosed or isolated within a larger one
- Barrister – lawyer
- Syncopated – A shift of accent in a passage or composition that occurs when a normally weak beat is stressed
- Detritus – Disintegrated or eroded matter; popular word with CCC word pickers
- Sumpter – A pack animal, such as a horse or mule.
NOTE: Donâ€™t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there