Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #217Posted: February 18, 2012
ATTENTION! This is a repost of CCC 217 that got zapped. Please go to the following url to copy your old submission and repost. Sorry. (Thanks Mitch for the url). CCC 217 cached
The lovely Laura Spencer of WritingThoughts picked the words today. Show her what youâ€™ve got.
BET YOU CANâ€™T do this writing prompt. Take the 10 random words below and, in the comments, crush writerâ€™s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story tying all of them together! And remember: after (if) you finish, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If youâ€™ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CANâ€™T do those, either.)
- Paucity -Â Smallness of number; fewness.
- Pretentious -Â Making or marked by an extravagant outward show;Â Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified
- Acrasia â€“ excess; intemperance; fungi
- Circumlocution -Â The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language
- Balmy â€“ Having the quality or fragrance of balm; soothing; Mild and pleasant: a balmy breeze
NOTE: Donâ€™t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And donâ€™t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)
Resources you should check out:
Thesis: Best Damn Theme on the Web
Collective Ink Well: Personalize Your Thesis Theme
Third Tribe Marketing: Marketing done the right way
Story Structure Demystified: Best damn writing book out there