Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #278Posted: September 20, 2012
Today we have professional writer, Holly Jahangiri, choosing the words for our writing prompt challenge. She delights on the true meaning of challenge. Will you quit when you see these words? I hope not.
This is a writing prompt. Bet you can’t do it! Take the 10 random words below and crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story! And remember: after (if) you finish entering your submission into the comment field, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If youâ€™ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’Tdo those, either.)
- Panacea -Â a remedy for all ills or difficulties : cure-all.
- Disingenuous – Not candid or sincere
- Tenuous – Very weak or slight; Very slender or fine; insubstantial
- Etymology – The study of the origin of words and the way in which their meanings have changed throughout history.
- Tenebrous – Dark; shadowy or obscure.
- Murine – Of, relating to, or affecting mice or related rodents;
- Adumbrate –Report or represent in outline; Indicate faintly; sketch
- Panegyric – A public speech or published text in praise of someone or something.
- Verdigris – a green or greenish blue poisonous pigment resulting from the action of acetic acid on copper, consisting of one or more basic copper acetates
NOTE: Donâ€™t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)