Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #308Posted: February 14, 2013
This is a writing prompt. Bet you can’t do it! Take the 10 random words below and crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story! And remember: after (if) you finish entering your submission into the comment field, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.) NOTE: Our bolding plugin is gone, so you’ll have to put <b> and </b> around each of your words if you want them to stand out, but NOT REQUIRED THOUGH.
- Psalm: A sacred song or hymn; A book of the Bible comprising a collection of religious verses
- Aria: A long, accompanied song for a solo voice, typically one in an opera or oratorio
- Bloviate: Talk at length, esp. in an inflated or empty way.
- Epiglottis: A flap of cartilage at the root of the tongue, which is depressed during swallowing to cover the opening of the windpipe.
- Tickety-boo: fine, okay <everything is going to be tickety–boo eventually
NOTE: Don’t copy and paste from MS Word. Use a program like notepad that removes formatting or just type in the comment field itself. Also, finish your submission, THEN bold the words. Thanks. (And don’t forget to tweet this and share it with your friends.)