Writing Prompts Creative Copy Challenge #392Posted: July 13, 2015 | |
This is a writing prompt. Bet you can’t do it! Take the 10 random words below and crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story! And remember: after (if) you finish entering your submission into the comment field, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.) NOTE: Our bolding plugin is gone, so you’ll have to put<b> before and </b> after each of your challenge words if you want them to stand out, but NOT REQUIRED THOUGH.
- Imbrication – overlapping and forming a regular pattern
- Elision – dropping a sound or syllable in a word
- Diaphanous – Filmy
- Cynosure – A focal point of admiration
- Beleaguer – To exhaust with attacks
- Chatoyant – Like a cat’s eye