Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #401Posted: September 14, 2015 | |
This is a writing prompt. Bet you can’t do it! Take the 10 random words below and crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story! And remember: after (if) you finish entering your submission into the comment field, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.) NOTE: Our bolding plugin is gone, so you’ll have to put before and after each of your challenge words if you want them to stand out, but NOT REQUIRED THOUGH.
1. Bawbee – A Scottish coin of low value
2. Cereology – The study of or investigation of crop circles
3. Gnathic – having to do with the jaws
4. Illywhacker – a small-time confidence trickster
5. Logomachy – an argument about words
6. Mudlark – a person who scavenges in riverside mud at low tide for anything of value.
7. Rawky – foggy, damp and cold
8. Verjuice – a sour juice obtained from crab apples or unripe grapes
9. Zorro – a South American kind of fox
10. Ogdoad – a group or set of eight.