Writing Prompt – Creative Copy Challenge #475Posted: February 14, 2017 | |
This is a writing prompt. Bet you can’t do it! Take the 10 random words below and crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story! And remember: after (if) you finish entering your submission into the comment field, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.) NOTE: Our bolding plugin is gone, so you’ll have to put before and after each of your challenge words if you want them to stand out, but NOT REQUIRED THOUGH! Or, as cleverly done by a CCC-er you can CAPITALIZE the challenge words in your piece.
- Sidereal – (sigh-DEER-ee-uhl) 1. Of or pertaining to the stars. 2. Star-like, lustrous, bright.
- Oikofugic – (Oy-ko-foo-jick) Characterized by the desire to travel, migrate or play truant.
- Refractory – (Re-frack-toh-re) 1. Stubborn or unmanageable. 2. Resistant to a process or stimulus.
- Eructation – (eh-rook-tay-shun) 1. Belch; the matter vented from the stomach. 2. The act of belching.
- Psephology – (sef-all-uh-gee) The scientific study of elections.
- Spiracle – (spear-ah-cull) a small opening by which a confined space has communication with the outer air; an airhole or air-shaft. 2. an opening in the ground affording egress to subterranean vapors or fiery matter; a volcanic vent-hole. 3. a breathing hole or blowhole.
- Sesquipedalian – Sess-kwah-pih-day-lee-an. Adj. 1. Of words and expressions: of many syllables. 2. given to using long words.
- Enodate – (ee-no-date) To free from knots; figuratively: to unravel, clear of difficulties.
- Gallimaufry – (gal-ih-maw-free) 1. A dish made by hashing up odds and ends of food; a hodge-podge; a ragout. 2. A heterogeneous mixture; a confused jumble; a ridiculous medley.
- Delitescent – (dell-ih-tess-unt)1. Lying hid, latent, concealed. 2. The sudden disappearance of a lesion or of the signs and symptoms of a disease.