Writing Prompt – Creative Copy Challenge #476Posted: February 23, 2017
This is a writing prompt. Bet you can’t do it! Take the 10 random words below and crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story! And remember: after (if) you finish entering your submission into the comment field, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.) NOTE: Our bolding plugin is gone, so you’ll have to put before and after each of your challenge words if you want them to stand out, but NOT REQUIRED THOUGH! Or, as cleverly done by a CCC-er you can CAPITALIZE the challenge words in your piece.
I am beginning to invite others to be the author of a week’s list of words, that means you too! All you have to do is email me at TheHandMaiden_Kathleen@hotmail.com
This week’s words are brought to you by a technical writer who has a love for words just like all of us. And as you will see… he was having a bit of fun. Thank you David Fuller.
- Craquelure — A network of fine cracks or crackles on the surface of a painting.
- Axinomancy — Divination using an axe or hatchet.
- Decastich — A ten line poem
- Belonephilia — Sexual obsession with sharp objects
- Crwth — Welsh six-stringed instrument played with a bow
- Recense — To revise critically
- Malicent — Lean, excessively
- Dactylogram — Fingerprint
- Crin — Horse hair fabric
- Ranarium — Place where frogs are kept