Writing Prompts – Creative Copy Challenge #478Posted: March 8, 2017 | |
This is a writing prompt. Bet you can’t do it! Take the 10 random words below and crush writer’s block by creating a cohesive, creative short story! And remember: after (if) you finish entering your submission into the comment field, highlight your words and click the bold button to make them stand out and help you determine if you forgot any words. (If you’ve missed previous writing prompts, we BET YOU CAN’T do those, either.) NOTE: Our bolding plugin is gone, so you’ll have to put before and after each of your challenge words if you want them to stand out, but NOT REQUIRED THOUGH! Or, as cleverly done by a CCC-er you can CAPITALIZE the challenge words in your piece.
I am beginning to invite others to be the author of a week’s list of words, that means you too! All you have to do is email me at TheHandMaiden_Kathleen@hotmail.com
Let’s try some Idioms this week —
Idiom: a manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language.
- A hot potato – Speak of an issue (mostly current) which many people are talking about and which is usually disputed
- Be glad to see the back of -Be happy when a person leaves.
- Caught between two stools – When someone finds it difficult to choose between two alternatives.
- Elvis has left the building – The show has come to an end. It’s all over.
- Steal someone’s thunder – To take the credit for something someone else did.
and how about:
- Wagtail – an obsequious person; a harlot
- Xanthodont – one with yellow teeth
- Zambomba – Spanish percussion instrument
- Quackle – To choke; to suffocate
- Yare – Marked by quickness and agility; nimble; prepared; easily handled